Eco Friendly Wedding Ideas
Many engaged couples are showing their love for the environment by planning “green” weddings. We all want to do our part to save the planet, and having an Eco-friendly wedding is a good way to start.
“With the average cost of a US wedding running at around $20,000 it seems obvious that weddings have a huge footprint, both ecological and economical.”
Here are a few easy ways to make your wedding more eco-friendly.
• Using 100% recycled papers for your wedding invitations is the first step in the planning process.
• Invite fewer guests. Really, how many people invite guests to their wedding out of obligation? It’s much better to invite just those guests who are most important in your life. Make it known to all that you are only having a small wedding with a very short guest list.
• Don’t register for things you don’t need. When you do register, consider locally made gifts (don’t require shipping), and items that are made from environmentally friendly materials. If you don’t need any more “stuff”, why not suggest that your friends and family make a donation to a favorite charity in your name?
• Order locally-grown organic flowers.
• Find a caterer who uses locally grown produce and organic meats from local farms. Check out http://www.localharvest.org for local farms in your community.
• Choose reusable wedding favors rather than items that are disposable.
For example, BPA free water bottles is gift that your guests will use over and over again. These are a great alternative to the disposable water bottles that end up in our landfills.
• Choose a vintage wedding gown. You can find some beautiful hand-sewn dresses with gorgeous fabrics at vintage clothing stores.
Even if you are not be able to do everything listed above, if you are able to do some of the above suggestions, you’ll be starting your life together heading in the right direction.
Looking for some unique ideas for your wedding or bridal shower favors? It’s always difficult to come up with a gift for your guests that is fun, yet practical. You don’t want to waste your money on something that will end up in the trash. Here are some really cool ideas to help you decide the best way to thank your guests for sharing your special day. Just add a customized wedding label or favor tag to any of these gift ideas for the perfect personal touch.
• Personalized wildflower seeds
• Bonsai trees (makes a nice centerpiece too)
• Good luck bamboo
• Flower bulbs
• Birdseed packets
• Mini herb garden
• Potted plants for flower gardens
Other great ideas
• Personalized glassware
• Personalized Green
• Measuring spoons
• Handmade candles
• Handmade soaps
• Bamboo coasters
• Music CD
• Wedding DVD
• Personalized sports bottles
If you want to have favor tags or labels printed with your names, a photograph or monogram, check out website for an exquisite collection of wedding labels and accessories.
image: Google images search.